Silverlight WPF Consolidation

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hi Joerg,

Firstly I'd like to congradulate you on one of the most interesting developments and associated articles in WPF/Silver design extensions that I have read in the last couple of years. I look forward to your upcoming article in .NetPro on the Blend behaviours associated with your Annotations toolkit. Keep up the great work!

I was wonder if you could give me some insight in to a couple of questions that have popped into my head; when will you be able to consolidate both the Silverlight and WPF into having the same functionality at the same level? I ask because I do not see the WPF toolkit available for download here. Secondly, how would it be possible to leverage your work for my own custom adorners and annotations? Are there base classes and stubs to get me started? Do you plan to write something on this?

Regards,

Graham J McDonald

Aug 22, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Hi Graham,

thanks for the flowers! Today, the WPF and Silverlight versions have almost the same feature set. You can download the sources of the WPF and SL version from the main page or at the download and source code area.

You can easily add your own the functionality by using the GenericAdorner class in WPF or derive from the custom Adorner class in the SL version. Read my article in the dotnetpro (9/2011) for a detailed view of the inner architecture. I've also posted some informations about the usage of the library in my blog (http://headwriteline.blogspot.com/search/label/TT.UIA).

Hope it helps,

Jörg